School serves children from three years
through 6th grade. Discovery
School is now enrolling students for the 2002
- 2003 school year.
Informational tours are
scheduled weekly on Thursday mornings, 10:00 a.m. to 11:30
a.m. For an appointment or pre-enrollment
Early Discovery Center
(Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten)
Visitation and Assessment
If you are interestesd in enrolling your child in
our Pre-Kindergarten or Kindergarten program, your child needs to
participate in one of the above Visitation and Assessment mornings!
Please call in advance to sign up. (509-838-0606). Parents are asked
to remain on campus during their child's Pre-Kindergarten or
Kindergarten visit for a school tour/information session.
Students enrolling for Grades 1-6 visit for one
full-day during regular school hours. Please call to schedule a visit
for potential students.
Admissions Procedure: EDC - 6th
- 1. Information packet sent to
- 2. School tour: Thursdays from 10:00 am to
- Please contact the school office if this
tour time does not work with your schedule
- Discuss child's needs/learning
- Discuss teaching strategies
- Question and answer time
- Classroom observation by parent
- 3. Application for Admission is
- Application form completed by
- Financial aid - if applicable
- Application for financial aid (Spring -
July 31) sent to Tuition Aid Data Services
- Application for financial aid (August 1
- end of current school year) sent to Bill Moxley, Discovery
School Business Office
- $20.00 Application Fee is
- 4. Student visitation, observation
- Saturday visit for PreK and K in our Early
Discovery Center from 9:00 - 11:00 am.
- Follow up letter to parents after
- Full school day visit for grades 1-6 (If
requested, the child may visit a second day). Parent conference
at the end of the school day unless scheduled
- Is this a good match for the child and the
- 5. References received - Probationary
Enrollment is extended to the child
- Enrollment agreement with deposit returned
to Discovery School
- Note: Financial aid cannot be decided until
the enrollment agreement is on file.
Early Discovery Center
- Two Pre-K/Kindergarten classes have students
who are at least 4.5 years old by September 1.
- EDC students can attend for half day (8:30
a.m. - 12:00 p.m.) or full day (8:30 a.m. - 3:00
- Full day EDC students participate in art
classes, in addition to the extended EDC curriculum.
- Students can attend the Pre-K/Kindergarten
classes for two years.
- Students must be 6 years old by September 1 to
enter First Grade.
- Students must be 3 years old on September 1
and potty trained to enroll.
- The Pre-school class meets 8:30 - 11:30 am.
- Students can stay for lunch (11:30 - 12:00
- Extended pre-school (12:00 - 3:00) is also
offered which includes naptime.
W. 307 4th Avenue
Spokane, Washington 99204
Information about the
mail to Discovery School
copyright (c) 1997, Lorna Kropp Discovery School
All rights reserved.
Revised: May 20, 2002.